Friday, April 10, 2009

I just didn't like the looks of this rash so I took Emery in to the doctor yesterday.

The Verdict: The doctor said that the rash is Fifth's Disease and was going to send her home. I mentioned that I was getting over Strep so she looked at her throat and it was red so she swabbed her and sure enough Emery has Strep. Good thing I took her in!
The crazy thing about Fifth's Disease is that once they break out they are not contagious anymore but by the looks of it I am sure any mother would want to get their children away!

3 comments:

Mike and Tycie said...

Poor Emery...
I sure hope she starts feeling better...
Hugs from Tycie!

Jen said...

What a yucky week for you guys. Fifth's isn't pretty, but it doesn't ever seem to slow my kiddos down. Srtep on the other hand...Hope you all feel better soon. HUGS from your CUZ, Emery.(cheesy huh?)

Anonymous said...

oh man poor emery... i remember getting that in 3rd grade, at the same time as Kelsey. i wasn't allowed to have my sun exposed to the sun at all.. recess was always really boring!!!
-Auntie Kim :)