Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Little Helper

Ok, so Emery has always been one to join me in any task I am doing and loves being a "Big Helper". I have always encouraged this even though sometimes, as most moms would know, it tends to make more work for me. I just figured I would teach her now because most kids probably go through a stage of wanting to be "BIG" and then it just kind of gets old. Well tonight I was in the bathroom fixing my hair and Emery came in and told me that she "Put all the things away". So I asked her "what things?" and as I said that I looked up and she was holding an empty laundry basket that before that was full of folded clothes. I did not doubt that she put everything away but just to make sure I asked her to show me where she put everything. She then proceeded to show me where she put her jammies, her clothes, Maycie's birpcloths, etc. Out of all that laundry the only thing that she didn't put in the right place was her dress but that was because her dress hangs in the closet and she can't reach so she put it in the drawer where the rest of her play clothes are. So how's that for a responsible 2 year old?? Ok, so she'll be 3 next month, but still!! Just a proud Mommy moment!!

1 comments:

Kayleen said...

WOW! Emery is getting to be a Big Helper! How cute.