Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside

Emry is sick so we stayed in all day yesterday and will probably do so again today! But even if she wasn't sick I don't think we would be going anywhere...

Currently it is 8 degrees with a wind chill factor of -4 degrees due to humidity! (High of 20 today)

I grew up in Utah where it snowed all winter and it was pretty cold. But, with the humidity here, when it gets cold you just don't go out! Oh and just to tell you how bad it is... School was cancelled today due to cold weather. HAHA!

The nice thing about living in the South is that when it does get this cold it doesn't last long. It is supposed to get right back up to 40 again by tomorrow!

So what to do on a cold day?

There is no snow, so no reason to be outside. We will just stay in and stay close to the fire, play games, read many books, and maybe roast some marshmallows, and drink hot cocoa!

1 comments:

Brenda said...

Brrrr!! I totally understand the East Coast humid cold. Its freezing! I used to think that scarves were just for fashion until I moved back East. I am in Utah right now and everyone keeps commenting on how cold it is here (in Utah). I laugh becuase it isn't cold for us at all. My kids don't want to wear their coats because its so 'hot'. Funny what you get used to I guess.