Saturday, May 2, 2009

Feels so good!

My family has made it a tradition to run the Country Music Half Marathon in Nashville, this being their 5th year doing it! Scott and I walked it together for our first time 3 years ago. I pretty much hated every minute of it. The last month or so of training was miserable and the race day wasn't anything to shout about. I swore I would NEVER do it again. It was good enough for me to say I did it.


For the next 2 years after that Scott joined my family in doing it and I was very content to bring all of the kids and cheer! Cheering is so much fun!

This year my mom talked one of her good friends, Cathy, into doing it with her family. Cathy was going to walk it and didn't have a partner to walk it with so my mom talked me into doing it with her. WHAT WAS I THINKING?? I didn't really want to do it. The only thing that really sounded good was having a training program to stick to.

I worked hard and followed the training. I decided this time that if I had a better attitude it would be a better experience. Plus, this time I knew what to expect. I began to really look forward to the time that I got to go run/walk. It was time that I had to myself to be in my own world and to just enjoy the beauty of the earth around me. I never thought I would catch myself saying that I like to run. I have always loved working out, just not running.

I didn't necessarily care what my time was, how many people I passed or who passed me. All that mattered was the sense of accomplishment that I felt when I crossed the line and knew that I had given it my all! It felt so good! So yes I WILL DO IT AGAIN!


This is the only picture Scott took of me. He brought all the kids to cheer us all on and I stopped quickly to give them LUVS!

P.S. I was so proud of my Mama, Sharalee, Cammie and Kelsey who ran the FULL Marathon (26.2 miles!) for their first time ever! Steve also ran it for his 2nd time. WAY TO GO GUYS!

At the finish line!!
Way to go Dad, Emily, Jake, Jorday, and the Johnson Family who also ran the HALF!

3 comments:

Mike and Tycie said...

I would totally love to do that with you next year!!!

Kayleen said...

Wow, Tasha! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

YOU FELT GOOD I FELT HORRIBLE I GOT CHAAFINGS ALL OVER MY LEGS!!!!