Wednesday, February 13, 2008

IT SNOWED TODAY!?!

I just had to post this because this just makes me laugh!! This is a picture of our house this morning. We had been hearing on the news that there was a POSSIBILITY of snow flurries this morning. So, when I woke up this morning I looked outside and sure enough there were flurries. Always when it is bad weather or snowing here everyone turns on the news to see if there are school closings. Sure enough NO SCHOOL!! My family just always gets a laugh out of this because they live in Utah where this winter there has been 3-4 BIG snow storms a week and they have not had any school closings yet!! We don't often get snow here and don't have much equipment to keep the roads safe. There are a lot of back country roads that the busses and parents have to drive on to get the kids to school so really they just keep the safety of these people in mind when they are detemining the closings. They allow for something like 13 snow days before they have to make it up at the end of the year!!
So, needless to say, there are a lot of happy kids and teachers out there today that are just happy to have the day off!!
Note: There was just a little bit more snow on the ground when I first woke up. This picture was taken about 30 min. after when I realized it was starting to melt.

0 comments: