Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Celebrations!!

I remember when I was growing that my parents always made Valentine's Day a very special day for us!! A lot of times they would make a fancy dinner and they would always have a special gift for us. SO Scott and I decided that we would try to make this a tradition in our family!! We did our special dinner the day before Valentine's Day because Scott was at school on Valentines day. Scott is always helping in the kitchen so I decided to make it a bit more special that I would just do it all to make it a surprise for him. We also decided to dress up to make it feel more special, especially for Emery. You can't tell because of the flash but it was a candlelight dinner(not lights)!! I planned it all out just right so that we could do it in courses and it would all be hot and fresh as I served it.



We started off with Course 1:


Cheese fondue with Multigrain French Bread



Then I brought out Course 2:


Caesar Salad (Scott's FAVORITE!!) and I snuck away to put the Main Course in the oven...





Course 3:


New York Strip Steak, Salmon, Steamed Veggies, and Baked Potato
Note: I had alread eaten the salmon before I remembered to take the picture!!


Dessert:


Chocolate Dipped Strawberries!!



I learned a lot making this dinner...I love to cook and try new things. This was all pretty easy. We just never go all out like this and learned that this was so much food!! We just ate a little bit of everything but none of us could eat everything served. Which actually was not bad because it made for some great leftovers!! But we enjoyed it very much!! It was a blast and we will definitely keep this tradition going!! At one point Scott commented, "Boy, you are way more Romantic than me!!" I just laughed. Scott can be romantic too!!




On Valentines Day he woke and made me breakfast in bed, which I totally LOVE!! With it he brought me a little gift and a card. The card had this in it:

Yes it is a HUGE pin! He told me I had to wear it all day!! So I did, and with PRIDE! After I read the card he said, "I was looking through all the romantic cards and they were great! But, they're just not me. So when I saw this one I just had to get it!!" Scott also got me some perfume that I have been wanting. It is Dolce and Gabanna's Light Blue. This is what my sister Whitney wore and every time I smell it I think of her!!

3 comments:

Ryan and Tammy said...

Oh thats so cute! I can't believe emery is so big!

My Everythings said...

Yum! I want your cheese fondu recipe!

Unknown said...

Do you have any leftovers? If so I will come and eat them up!-STeve