Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tears of JOY!!

My experiences being a mother and wife have been some of the best in my life!! Not a day goes by that I don't think of how truly blessed I am to have a beautiful daughter and another child on the way!! I did not know that I could love someone, besides my wonderful husband Scott, as much as I love Emery. It really helps me to better understand the great love that our Heavenly Father has for each of us, HIS Children.
Today Emery and I had a few conversations that have made me cry tears of JOY all day!!
First Conversation...
First to set the scene: Emery and I were getting ready to eat breakfast and had just said a blessing on the food. (Emery said the prayer) When she finished there were a few short moments of silence and then...
Emery: "Know Jesus?..."

Me: "Yeah"
Emery: " Jesus is in heaven. And "Whintey" in heaven. "Whintey" is in heaven with ours baby"
Whitney is my sister who passed away last year in March. I don't know what triggered Emery to say that but it was just one of those moments that my heart just skipped a beat and I couldn't help but have those sweet tears of JOY!! I knew Scott had spent a lot of one on one time with Emery lately so I called him right away to tell him what she said and to ask if he had been talking to her about Whitney or the baby being in heaven. Neither of us had recently. We have told her about Whitney being in heaven but it has been awhile since we remember talking about it. But we were just amazed that she was able to put that together. Children are smarter than you think and they are so impressionable!!

Emery seems to be quite smart. Mostly because her memory is AMAZING. She will bring things up from months ago and remember so much about it. So my mom had suggested to me that we start teaching her to memorize poems and songs or something that will help keep her mind active. We decided that we would start teaching her the Articles of Faith. We started with the First Article of Faith and talked about it for Family Home Evening. We kept reciting it with her whenever we remembered for a few weeks and she had gotten it down pretty good so we decided that we would move on. So last night for FHE we decided to start learning the Second Article of Faith and we talked to Emery and taught her about what it meant. When we were reciting it we got to the word Transgression and told her that it was like a sin. And we told her that sins are things that we do wrong. Things that make Heavenly Father sad liked not being kind, etc.(we had to bring it down to her level) And when we do things wrong we need to say we are sorry and fix it. So this morning I was reciting it with her again and when we finished she said....

"I don't hit my friends. I say sorry my "gressions" huh?"

Once again another moment that brought those sweet tears of JOY!! She actually learned and understood the things that we taught her!! We are so very greatful to have such a great knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father and the plan that he set out for us to follow. He loves us even though we are not perfect. It is so wonderful to learn about and teach to our children the perfect example of His son Jesus Christ so that we can strive to become more like Him and to enjoy the blessing of being together as a family forever!!

2 comments:

Team Harris said...

PRECIOUS! SHE IS SOO SMART, AND SHE HAS GREAT PARENTS.

Joe said...

You have such a sweet little girl! That's an awesome story.