Monday, February 4, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley


As many of you may already know the President and Prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Gordon B. Hinckley, passed away a week ago Sunday. This dedicated man was 97 years old, had a love for the word of God, and brightened the life of anyone he met. Ever since childhood I have had fond memories of President Hinckley giving inspired talks that have shaped the person I have become. When I turned 19 I had the great opportunity to serve as a full-time missionary in Salt Lake City, Utah. This put me close to all the action! One of my favorite quotes came when he visited our mission and told us, "Don't be stupid!" Besides that profound doctrine I have learned many great things from this man. He is an example for anyone to follow. He was a hard worker with a determination to get the job done. His list of accomplishments is to long to list. His love for those he came in contact with was too strong to be measured. In short, throughout his life, he emulated the life of our Savior Jesus Christ. I myself have taken on a covenant to follow Christ and to strive to be like Him. I know that as I do, I may also have opportunities to bless the lives of others. I encourage you to read more about the life of Gordon B. Hinckley and see for yourself the great life he led, and maybe you will see how he has changed mine.

1 comments:

ka said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony of this great man. I add mine to your's. He has left us such a legacy and we will all stand taller and work harder because of his example.
Love,
Mom