Saturday, October 4, 2008

Our Little Star!!


Today was Emery's 3rd Birthday and we went to the Spring Hill Country Ham Festival. They had a little Karaoke stage for the kids so we asked Emery if she would want to do it. She immediatley, without hesitation, picked the song "The Start of Something New" from High School Musical. Not knowing if she would even go up on stage I prepped her by telling her that when they call her name then she can go up there and sing that song. Sure enough she VERY confidently went up there and sang EVERY word! The DJ was so surprised and was asking us if she was 4 and we told him that she turned 3 today! So when she was done he got up there and this was the conversation:


DJ: "Is today a special day for you?"


Emery: "Mhmm, IT'S MY DIRDAY(birthday)!"


DJ: "How old are you today?"


Emery: "2!!"


DJ: "Close, just add 1"


Emery: "I'm 'Free'(three)!!"


Then the DJ invited everyone to join him in singing Happy Birthday to Emery!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Emery! You are so cute! We love to see you sing. You dance cute also. Happy Birthday!

Cammie said...

happy birthday Emery!! I am so sorry I didn't call yesterday! I am such a terrible aunt! I loved seeing you sing on that stage! YOu are so cute!! You know more words to that song than anyone else I know!!

Melanie said...

oh I LOVE this! what a great story!