Thursday, November 1, 2007

She Never Seizes to Amaze Me!!

The other day Emery and I were in the car going to Publix (grocery shopping). While we were driving there Emery was saying "Mama! Mama Look!!" So I looked in the mirror to see what she wanted and she was putting her thumbs and pointer fingers together in a triangle shape and said "Look Mom Tiangle". I just thought that it was amazing that she put that together since neither Scott or I had ever shown her that.

It was raining that day and when we got back home we saw a big rainbow in the sky. At first Emery looked at it and said "Rainbow" then she realized how big it was and said "Rainbow, Roun' 'n Roun' like a Circle"!! Once again I was so amazed that she put it together like that. I didn't realize that she was paying enough attention when we talked about shapes to be able to relate it to everyday things!!

Kids really know and understand so much more than you think. And I am learning everyday the importance of teaching your children good things. Especially on the days that Emery repeats things that I didn't think she was listening to. OOPS!!

0 comments: